Information about INGSTOM escape chute
No power source is required.
- Protect evacuees from fire effects.
- Suitable for both new and existing buildings.
- Relatively easy and cost-effective to implement.
- Can be strategically placed at evacuation sites serve as emergency exits.
- Enhances the remoteness of egress components.
- Increases the capacity of a building’s means of evacuation – can be used to accommodate timely full evacuation of occupants.
- Always available for immediate use.
- Are quick and easy to deploy.
- Can transport a continuous flow of evacuees.
- Up to 30 persons a minute can be evacuated at height from fire or danger.
- Users have the ability to self-control the speed of own descends.
- Average speed for evacuee with right behavior is 2.5 m per second.
- It would take approximately 35 – 40 seconds to descend a chute of 50 meter length.
- Require little or no instruction for use.
- Require little physical exertion in using the device to descend.
- Allow external means to control the speed of descend from ground.
- Suitable for all ages and physical conditions of evacuees, including disabled and people on stretchers.
- Enable rescue personnel to control the evacuation process.